Nobody wants to have to replace a roof – especially in a commercial building. It’s one of those things that you know you have to do to protect the value of the property, but it is also guaranteed to be a significant expense. All Around Management provides a wide range of Boston commercial maintenance services, which include roof repair and replacement following water damage renovations. It pays to work with a reputable Greater Boston general contractor who can ensure that all of the required work gets done correctly and in a timely manner. You can count on our team for all of your commercial repair and replacement needs.
Interior Roof Check Tips
If you want to know if roof replacement is in your future, there are a few things that you can check for yourself. While it is best to get a professional inspection from an experienced roofing company or Greater Boston commercial maintenance provider, there are some things that you can see for yourself. Use these symptoms as signs to contact a professional so you can get a formal inspection to determine the state of your commercial roof.
Go up into the attic or sub-attic and check for the following:
- sagging spots – if you notice any sagging areas inside your attic or sub-attic, it is a definite sign of structural issues caused by a failing roof; it can be caused by external pressure or weight from outside or be caused by moisture, which would require even more extensive water damage renovations inside
- dark spots – use a flashlight to check for dark areas of darkened “trails” in the roof, which are a clear indication that moisture has made its way into your structure; this can be a big problem both for the roof and the interior of the property
- actual leaks or visible water damage – time to call out the crew at All Around Management for water damage renovations in addition to roof repair or replacement; if you see visible damage, contact our team right away to prevent further damage or mold and mildew growth
- light – one sure way to know if you need a new roof is if you can see the light shining inside the attic or sub-attic from the outside; get that fixed right away to prevent pests, moisture, mold, mildew, and other issues from getting inside
Exterior Roof Check Tips
Be careful about getting up on a roof or sending your in-house maintenance crew up to the roof to check for damage. Consider hiring a professional Greater Boston general contractor to take care of this part for you. A drop from just a few feet can cause serious injuries and walking around on a roof that might be damaged can result in even more damage. Save a trip to the hospital and contact All Around Management instead.
- visible damage – the first thing you will likely notice is significant damage to roofing materials; this should be very obvious, as in split, cracked, or even warped shingles; tiles can break from hail damage, and outright holes can be created if branches or other debris hit your roof during a storm
- moisture issues – once again, moisture is a sure sign of a problem; if you notice mold, mildew, or even moss growing in a single spot, it could be a sign of bigger issues underneath
- wear around features – check around vents, chimneys, and other access points for excessive damage; it will usually be seen in these areas first and can be a source of moisture leakage inside the structure
Call a Professional for an Assessment
It is important to understand that just because you noticed signs of wear and tear or even moisture issues that doesn’t mean that you will necessarily have to replace the entire roof. It pays to work with a licensed and experienced Greater Boston general contractor who can assist with water damage renovations and other repairs. You don’t want just to assume that you need a new roof and be out thousands of dollars for something you didn’t actually need in the first place. Our team at All Around Management can help you determine if you simply need Greater Boston commercial maintenance repairs or a roof replacement. Give us a call at 617-435-6201 and speak with one of our representatives to schedule a consultation at your property.